Thursday 2 March 2017

Stand In Student Ambassador

Today I stepped in as a student ambassador, primarily to get some research about the interviewees' experience in art education, which ended up as me actually stepping in to cover for someone.

I really enjoyed this experience, I was able to talk to loads of upcoming creatives, i asked them all about there experience of art education. The results were very mixed, i originally expected everyone to think that secondary art could definitely be improved but actually quite a few had really good teachers and learnt a lot of very important processes. I decided that I could collect enough research to support my theory but this could also be because they have not yet experienced degree level art, and as i told them, there is a big step up from college/foundation to degree level, and only when they have had that experience, could they truly answer whether the curriculum in secondary/college etc prepares you for a professional contemporary practice.

Besides the research element of the day, I really enjoyed helping out, i naturally feel really comfortable speaking in front of people and i think this helped them unwind and become comfortable enough to start talking with each other before their interviews. I found it really fun to inform them all on what the uni is like and Leeds in general, i think they all really liked the sound of the course.

To be honest, i think it's a shame that i couldn't become a student ambassador as i really enjoyed the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment