Sunday 23 April 2017

Summative Evaluation

For PPP this year, I've found it really helpful to my practice for the first time, which is probably because I focused it on what I want to do when I leave, compared to just giving up with it and thinking it doesn't apply much to me. I feel like because I've opened myself up to it, I have reaped the rewards as I feel like I have gained a lot from this module.

I really enjoyed taking part in the creative workshop at Cockburn school and speaking to all the teachers there emphasised my motivation to be a teacher, which helped me progress in the module towards the latter part. With the drive that I have and the positive comments from this experience is what drove me to want to do more workshops with the group, which has turned out to be quite successful.

From my experience working with the group on the workshops and the mural project, I have learnt a lot more about myself and how I work. Mostly, I've learnt that when I am passionate about something, I tend to put my all in and take a leader role, although that’s not what I intended to do. I don't feel like a leader, I just get quite excited to do a project when I am really enthusiastic.

The downside of the collaboration has been the disagreements that we have faced and I did feel like i had to be somewhat confrontational, but the experience has taught me how to be professional and how I hold professionalism to quite a high standard when it comes to a business stand point.

My favourite part of this module has been the mural project, not because of what we have/have yet to achieve, but it's because I have felt like it's the first time since I started the course that I have put myself out there and gained a lot of confidence within myself and my ideas. I’ve also been able to to talk and meet a lot of people because of it, students, student’s union etc. and its made me feel very productive.

The downside of this module was meeting Ben Cox, he's lovely but his comments that I shouldn't be an illustrator affected me a bit more than I thought it would have and my confidence about my artwork is very low. Although, I do want to be a teacher, so I am taking the positive of what he said about me, that I am a great business person, and I should be the one hiring him for jobs, and that’s what I will be focusing on.

I think this module has set me off really well for leaving uni, as I have gained experience for the course and job I want to do but I've also improved my personal skills in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment