Friday 20 November 2015

Zine

I have now redefined my drawings for my zine and have scanned them into Photoshop and cleaned them up.


I have found a few tips on doing it easily.




First i imported the scans and i duplicated the layer so whatever i did i could revert to the original at any point, i did this by double clicking on the layer name and renaming it to unlock the layer. I then held Shift and dragged the layer to duplicate it.


These are the values i used in the end, they are what worked best for my scans.



I then adjusted the levels, making the black, blacker and the white, whiter. This cleaned up a lot of the image making the paper grain and colour anomalies disappear.


I then changed the threshold to make it even clearer



After I changed the levels and the threshold, i just had to clean up the last bits of dirt/pen that was left on the images, and i decided to use a few different tools, the rubber tool ended up working the best as i could go right up to then lines without distorting the colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment