Saturday 14 May 2016

Yuko Yamamoto



Ive decided that i would like to go further into paper cut illustration within my practice and i have looked at contemporary paper cut illustrators and came across Yuko Yamamoto. Although, she isn't exclusively just producing paper cut illustrations, her collages are what i really like within her work. I like the colour palette's she uses.

I think her style of paper cut really is what i am drawn too, she uses limited shapes and colours, using fine/small pieces of paper to add detail were needed, normally the face. I quite like this technique and is something i would like to practice, whilst taking this technique further. I think it also looks very contemporary and could be used in various different ways i.e. editorial, book illustration etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment