Saturday 14 May 2016

Kako Ueda



I have come across Kako Uedo before, but only recently have i looked further into her process. She has worked with painting, drawing, photography and folding paper but now works mainly with cutting paper. She likes the historical aspect of the method, it being an old chinese traditional method, but also really likes it as a way of creating images.

I can really agree with her about this, I've only recently became interested in this technique and started to practice for the first time but I have already fallen in love with it, it has given me a new excitement for my work, thinking of ways i can produce different types of paper cut illustrations, whether it is 2D, 3D, built with different colours of paper or simply an illustration cut from one piece of paper. I think the simple craft element of it is what is excitement, cutting away pieces of paper to create something really nice is exciting, or what a simple piece of paper could end up being.

No comments:

Post a Comment